Re: Dozens of new test failures on amd64!

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:59:12AM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> It seems to correspond with the recent changes/commits to atf ...
>
> We used to have 11 test failures for amd64, now we have 65!
>
> Please see [1] for details...
>
> [1] http://whooppee.com/amd64-results/6327_1_atf.html#failed-tcs-summary

Something strange happens with this on my system as well.

*** Check failed: /test-bed/src/tests/lib/libm/t_fmod.c:53: fabs(fmod(1.0, 0.1)
- 0.1) <= 55 * DBL_EPSILON not met

It might be my fault! I've been fiddling with the fpu code.

Except that it works on a bare-metal kernel I built 8pm on Sunday
just before committing the code but fails under qemu.
(Running on the same kernel.)

Mind you the generated code is very strange!
Ah that is because it uses the x87's 'partial remainder' instruction
in a loop, and under some other conditions falls back on the fmod()
library function.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost