Re: Re: compat linux exec arguments weirdness

I wrote:

> $ /emul/linux/usr/bin/uname -bagger
> : invalid option -- 'b'
> Try ' --help' for more information.
>
> That error output should have been something like
> --> uname: invalid option -- 'b'
> --> Try 'uname --help' for more information
>
> So, it has nothing to do with the shell as I first
> thought but argv[0] getting overwritten somewhere in
> the linux emul exec code path.

Reverting sys/compat/linux/common/linux_exec_elf32.c
back to the previous version fixes things for me:

--> $ /emul/linux/usr/bin/uname -bagger
--> /emul/linux/usr/bin/uname: invalid option -- 'b'
--> Try '/emul/linux/usr/bin/uname --help' for more information.

Looks like the implementation of AT_RANDOM messes up the
argument stack (at least for the elf32 case, can't
test the amd64 case myself).

Onno