Re: umodem(4) with "no pointer to data interface"

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 05:19:56AM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From: Felix Deichmann <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost>, Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014
> 19:32:08 +0100
>
> > Am 22.01.2014 14:26, schrieb Ryo ONODERA:
> >> Each quirky USB modem has specific data interface number. In my case
> >> it is 1.
> >
> > This is also what Linux does (but for *all* quirky USB modems with
> > NO_UNION_NORMAL, this is always 1).
> >
> >> This number should be given from dev table, I feel.
> >
> > Are you sure this number can and will change from modem to modem? Or
> > is it always 1 (which would make things easier)?
>
> I am not sure about all modems.
> Each modem may have each number.
> I cannot believe that always 1 is always true.

Yes, I agree that is probably not a wise thing to assume.  I think we
should iterate over all the interfaces looking for a data interface if
it is not a union with the control interface.  If you don't beat me to
it I will try to get a patch done in the next day or so.

> > Let's see if Brett comes up with a more idiomatic patch? :)
>
> Yes, of course.

Hey, I am no expert in this :)  I have spent a lot of time going over
umodem trying to get an arduino to attach... it is only because of this
that know the code well.

--
Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound - xkcd.com