Re: Networking issues with -current?

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 07:02:47PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
[...]
Since the machine that hangs is my primary machine, I haven't yet
taken the opportunity to start debugging.  If anyone has any clues
on what to look for, please let me know.

the first thing I would look at is netstat -m and vmstat -m, to see if there
are mbuf allocation failures.

OK, just had another incident.

Under normal operations of this machine, I have about 530-540 mbufs in use (as reported by netstat -m). When it "hung", I had 899 in use, and a "ping" to a local neighbor reported "no buffer space available".

Interestingly, "vmstat -m" reported zero failures.

BTW, what are "calls to protocol drain routine"? These seem to go up very slowly over time, and there were 18 at the time of the failure.

I tried again to "ifconfig wm0 down" and the process hung. I tried to switch back to another xterm session, and it was unable to re-draw the window.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |