Re: NetBSD-HEAD amd64 refuses to build

I build amd64 and i386 -current overnight using
pkgsrc/sysutils/sysbuild via a cron job:
$ crontab -l
# $NetBSD: crontab,v 1.1 2012/07/25 12:20:08 jmmv Exp $
# crontab(5) file for the unprivileged sysbuild user.

PATH=/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin
SHELL=/bin/sh

# Cheatsheet: minute hour day-of-month month day-of-week(0,7=Sun)
@daily /usr/pkg/bin/sysbuild4cron -l "${HOME}/log" -- build

Lately it breaks regularly, sometimes without any error message - in
the morning the log ends halfway through, there are no processes
running; on the other hand sometimes I get stuff like this night:

#   compile  huntd/expl.o
/home/sysbuild/Sysbuild/amd64/tools/bin/x86_64--netbsd-gcc -O2
-std=gnu99  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpoi
nter-arith -Wno-sign-compare  -Wno-traditional  -Wa,--fatal-warnings
-Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings
 -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare
-Wold-style-definition -Wsign-compare -Wformat=2
-Wno-format-zero-length  -We
rror     -DRANDOM -DREFLECT -DMONITOR -DOOZE -DFLY -DVOLCANO -DBOOTS
-DOTTO -DINTERNET -DLOG -DHUNTD=\"/usr/games/huntd\" --sys
root=/home/sysbuild/Sysbuild/amd64/destdir  -c
/home/sysbuild/src/games/hunt/huntd/expl.c
sh: Cannot vfork
*** [expl.o] Error code 2

Looks like some limits have been changed recently - if I run
interactively as the same sysbuild user, it completes without any
problem (as it did yesterday afternoon).

(the first system I tend to upgrade after successful build is the
build host itseld, so ATM it is running:

[log] uname -a
NetBSD support6.delcam.local 6.99.28 NetBSD 6.99.28 (MINE) #37: Tue
Dec 10 16:02:16 GMT 2013
root@support6.delcam.local:/root/a64/compile/MINE amd64

(MINE is XEN3_DOMU with a single line change - the root is on xbd1a
(don't ask why).

I'll try overnight to double the memory to see if it will make difference.

Chavdar

--
----