Re: xl or xm for xen ? (and more questions, maybe raidframe related)

    Date:        Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:29:13 +0100
    From:        Manuel Bouyer <>

  | > But, the xendomains script has "REQUIRE: xend" in it ??
  | I think this is a leftover from previous versions.

OK, so to use xl, I should have xend=NO in rc.conf ?
(the require stuff is just for ordering the script, it doesn't care
if the daemon is actually started - I know you know that, but all this
mail gets archived, so ...)
  | Yes, because before 4.2 xm is unusable. Even with Xen 4.2, there are
  | missing features in the xl toolstack.

I know you mean xl there, and I understand - but if I don't know what
features I'm missing, having never used xm, is there anything that would
really be a disaster because it isn't there yet?

  | >     evtchn_do_event: handler 0xffffffff801f9c7f didn't lower ipl 8 7

  | Yes, is has been there for a long time, but we failed to find where is
  | problem is exactly.

OK, if it is known (so it isn't something I did) but of unknown cause,
I'll see if I can figure out what is happening.