Re: link problems

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 10:02:11PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> What does that change do?
> If you link a program with -lcurses you don't want a DT_NEEDED entry
> for whether or not the program directly references
> anything in

You tell it to link against and it gets a DT_NEEDED for - no matter wether a symbol is referenced from there or

However, I have been unable to make ld not emit a DT_NEEDED for
libterminfo, no matter what options I tried, so the test program ends
up with:

Dynamic Section:

Let us move technical details of this fix to tech-toolchain (there already
is a thread started for this).