Re: make not closing fds?

That's what I assume too. But, should normal commands really get access to those fds?

Frank
On 09/01/13 14:06, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <522317AB.1020506%netbsd.org@localhost>,
Frank Kardel  <kardel%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
While building a release I saw in fstat that commands started from make
had many (pipe) file descriptors allocated. Is make missing
setting FD_CLOEXEC/closing before fork on these ? While this is not
really critical it opens up possibilities to clobber at least the output
and gobble up
input data with misbehaved programs.
I believe parallel make passes tokens through fds to children to keep
track of how many parallel makes are running.

christos