Re: raidframe fun

        hello.  I believe I have reliably reproduced this behavior with the
following steps:

1.  Take a working raid1 set and deliberately fail one of the components.

2.  Take the broken component and create it as part of a new raid1 raid
set.

3.  Reboot.

Notes:  Before step 1, you had a working raid1 raid set with autoconfigure
enabled.

As part of step 1 you failed to turn off autoconfigure

You did not explicitly do anything with autoconfigure in step 2, so it
reamained enabled on the new raid set.

You did not perform raidctl -i as part of step 2.

        That causes the two separate raid components to come up as if they
were 2 identical raid sets that couldn't find each other.  In my case, the
second raid always comes up as raid7 and I don't know why that is.