Re: raidframe fun

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 03:22:28PM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:

> > They didn't quite find each other again...
>
> Right.. so the question is why?  This is not supposed to happen (and
> the only way I've ever seen it happen before is if a User gets playing
> tricks with the raid devices and attempts to re-combine components
> after they've been configured to different RAID sets...)

So strictly those 2 disks were the only 2 disks in a functioning
NetBSD box, they were then added to another box which also had a
raid array, at which point I had kern/38241 _kernel_lock: spinout
fun, and then loads of reboots failing to get kgdb to work.  It is
only just now after a boot -1 that I actually got past the kernel
panic, and this is what I saw. I haven't been in a position to play
tricks yet... There is an outside chance that they may have met
seatools, but I think that those were other disks...

BTW I don't think the data on those disks is worth worrying about,
but I'm happy to do a bit of debugging with you if you think there
is something to be fixed...

Cheers,

Patrick