Re: ftpd: minor changes

minor comments, but:

  I prefer not to have serious side effects inside if statements, at
  least with ||.  But I think our style allows it.  If there were
  separate if/goto I think it would be easier to read.

  I'm not wild about dropping  errno=0 even if you can prove it isn't
  necessary.  If it is provable, the compiler probably drops it anyway,
  and it's less robust against future changes to remove it.