Re: nfs umount error : Bad MNT RPC: RPC: Timed out

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:57:23AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <20130627161325.GA7478%lynche.sis.pasteur.fr@localhost>,
> >
> >Looking into umount(8) the code, show that lastest communication with
> >the server is unconditionnaly made over UDP (from sbin/umount/umount.c) :

Is there a specific reason we do server notification in umount(8)
instead of sys/nfs/nfs_vfsops.c:nfs_unmount() where we, if i
understand things correctly, have all needed stuff to make it right
without too much hassle.

> >Hacking it to use "tcp" instead instead of "udp" makes the problem
> >vanish.
> >
> >While i can ask network admins to open a few more UDP ports to make it
> >work ... I wonder if this should be adjusted to use the protocol which
> >was requested at mount ?
>
> Or at least a flag to specify the protocol....

This won't work when unmounting all filesystems if we have nfs mount
with both protocols.

> This is a bug, we should fix it.

Thanks for confirming.

--