Re: new if_bge/mii panic

On 12/06/2013 21:53, vincent%labri.fr@localhost wrote:
Indeed, reverting this commit makes my kernel work fine (I'm also using
bge).

Well, for reference it works in my i386 Thinkpad using a bge(4) interface.

The attached patch shouldn't help you as you're already at splnet()
from mii_physubr.c but it's probably better.

Unfortunately, your attached patch didn't improve the situation.

Shame.

I would venture to guess that netinet6/mld6.c:872 fails to check that malloc fails, but your panic happens deeper in so in this case a check would not help. At this point I guess I'll have to ask for help as I don't fully understand how the locking works nor how malloc here would cause a panic, especially as I cannot replicate it on a my bge(4) interface.

Roy