Re: wm0 not connecting

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 03:02:25 +0900 SAITOH Masanobu
>  OUI 0x00aa00 model 0x0005 is ihphy(4) but niether ihphy nor ukphy
> were attached. Does your kernel config file have the following line?
> ihphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # Intel 82577 PHYs
> ukphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # generic unknown PHYs

Bingo.  I had removed those lines from my kernel config, too long ago
to remember by the time I noticed the problem. I've just put them back,
compiled a new kernel, and now I have Ethernet again. Thank you for the
quick diagnosis.  Thanks also to Greg for his suggestion.

For the benefit of future readers of the list archives,
give some idea of the role of the <foo>phy* drivers, and of why it was
silly of me to remove them.

Grateful regards,