Re: Persistent green messages interrupting console on NetBSD 6.99.19 i386

On Thu 09 May 2013 at 07:48:00 -0400, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Scratch away everything about screen. Use tmux - part of the base
> > system. Screen is ancient and unmaintained piece of software; people
> > who have bothered to see the code shrug.
>
> > Chavdar
>
> Consider me forewarned!  Thanks!

Well, I just tried tmux (being a long-time user of screen - the best
invention since sliced bread), and there are a number of scenarions that
I use a lot in screen that don't work as well in tmux.

The two I noticed right away:
- if you connect multiple times to a single tmux session then the inside
  terminal size is immediately reduced to the smaller of the outside
  terminal sizes.
- the two connections to the single tmux are not independently
  switchable between inner terminals. If you switch in one, the other
  follows.

I typically run a single screen session with 10 or so inner terminals
and connect to that multiple times to access different inner terminals.
I do that eiter from the same machine, or from remote if I am elsewhere.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'