Re: 6.1_RC3 panic on shutdown: AcpiPsParseLoop ()

Chuck Silvers wrote:
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 10:13:59AM +0200, rudolf wrote:
http://software.eq.cz/acpi_ps_parse_loop.jpg

did you happen to get a crash dump from this panic?

I followed the advice from Brett and turned off AHCI, so hopefully there will be a crash dump next time, but it seems that the panic is very rare.

can you boot a 6.0 kernel and see if the error messages also show up with
that version?  if they do then that would rule out any of my recent changes.

Yes, the error messages also show up with 6.0 kernel:

Today I made around 60 attempts with RC3 and only two of them ended with acpi error messages (snapshot of one of them: http://software.eq.cz/acpi_error_messages_rc3.jpg) and there was no panic.

I had more luck with the 6.0, fourth attempt ended with the errors (again, no panic): http://software.eq.cz/acpi_error_messages_60.jpg I also tried to provoke a dump at that moment, but it's probably not possible after the dump device (wd0) is detached: http://software.eq.cz/acpi_error_messages_60_nodump.jpg

Regards,

r.