Re: Error: _res is not supported for multi-threaded programs.

Hi,

Mayuresh wrote:
Running NetBSD 6.0 i386.

Face the captioned error when running wine-devel (wine-1.3.26nb13).
Searching around shows multiple threads and PR related to this.

 From the searches, it is not clear to me whether this problem has been
fixed in current and whether I need to upgrade to run wine.

Can someone please guide?
I don't know about wine, but it is userland problem, in this case wine, not a NetBSD problem. The program needs to be patched/upgraded. I did this for GNUMail, for example, although the new version still needs to be released.

Riccardo