Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

At 0:55 Uhr +0000 27.3.2013, Roy Marples wrote:
>On 26/03/2013 21:03, Hauke Fath wrote:
>> My home server, still on netbsd-5, overrides domain-name and
>> domain-name-servers it is fed from a dsl router's dhcp server in
>> /etc/dhclient.conf, and while it looks like this can be modelled with
>> dhcpcd, it is not obvious and takes some more reading.
>
>interface foo
>static domain_name=bar
>static domain_name_servers=192.168.0.1

Cool, works:

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by dhcpcd from bm0
# /etc/resolv.conf.head can replace this line
domain causeuse.org
nameserver 127.0.0.1
# /etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line
#

A minor nit, though - when you start dhcpcd on a specific interface, the
rc.d script fails to pick up the pid file:

# /etc/rc.d/dhcpcd status
dhcpcd is not running.
# /etc/rc.d/dhcpcd start
Starting dhcpcd.
dhcpcd: dhcpcd already running on pid 13901 (/var/run/dhcpcd-bm0.pid)
# pgrep dhcpcd
13901
#

Thanks you!