Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:03:56AM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 21:27 Uhr -0700 24.3.2013, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> >> I would say this is the way to go.
> >
> >I am against this; I often use the dhcp server on NetBSD and I think
> >others have mentioned this as well.
>
> Quite.
>
> I often use tcsh(1) and sendmail(8) on NetBSD - why are they not in base?

In the first case, because it never was and its maintainer thinks it's too
large to be suitable as a replacement for our base csh.  I trust him, at least.
In the second case, for precisely the same reason for which dhclient should go:
because we provide another implementation of the exact same functionality,
one we think is better for most purposes, in the base system already.

Thor