Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

Just as a side anectode: I used to have a very complex setup with
multiple fixed IPs on different interfaces on my notebook (wired and
wireless, connected to different sites I regularily visit), involving
home grown scripts, ifwatchd and wpa_supplicant. Included was special
casing of ntp setup for different time servers and things I already
forgot about.

It mostly worked, but when I was visiting somewhere else and needed dhcp,
I had to kill ifwatchd, undo some of its deeds, and manually fire up dhcp.

I killed it all, just run wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd (without default config)
now, and it all works, including RAs for IPv6 (which the old setup did not
handle at all).

I am very happy with the simplistic setup.

But as always in network setup things are different at every site, so
your milage will vary.

Martin