Re: Driver for the ST LIS302DL MEMS motion sensor

                        Hi Constantine, all,

On 13/03/2013 23:55, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> On 13 March 2013 15:22, Pierre Pronchery <khorben%defora.org@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> I am writing a driver for the ST LIS302DL MEMS motion sensor. This
>> component can be found on the I2C bus in the Nokia N900 smartphone
>> hardware, which is where it currently expects to attach:
>> # Accelerometer
>> lis302dl0       at iic2 addr 0x1d
>
> One of these motion sensors was also popular on some HP laptops, and,
> IIRC, it can also attach through ACPI.

Good to know, I just figured that I have an HP laptop somewhere that is
said to have an ST LIS3LV02DL chip. I should then be able to test it there.

> I wrote an OpenBSD driver a while back, and it was fully tested:
>
>     http://mdoc.su/o/lisa.4

Also good to know, thank you.

> I also wrote an hptd(4) for OpenBSD and FreeBSD, which is the ACPI
> attachment of said lisa(4) driver, but, IIRC, it might not have been
> fully tested due to a lack of hardware, and was never committed
> anywhere.  Search in OpenBSD and FreeBSD archives for the details.

I'll let you know if I get anything working :)

Cheers,
--
khorben