Re: cgd gives read-only error

prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost (Patrick Welche) writes:

>I just tried the "To scrub data from a disk before setting up a cgd"
>recipe from cgdconfig on a new amd64 box installed from 12th December
>current dist files. For some reason the dd fails with /dev/rcgd0d
>is a read-only file system.

Writing over the disklabel sector (sector 1) gets you the EROFS error.

For "scrubbing a disk before setting a cgd" it doesn't make sense to
scrub the disklabel, you should just skip it, or just scrub the
partitions.

If you want to erase the disk later, you can use "disklabel -W" to
allow writes to the label sector and "disklabel -N" to forbid them
again.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost