Re: Areca 1882 SAS controller support?

On Apr 26,  3:53am, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
} On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 10:59:50AM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
} > All,
} >
} > we are looking at getting a new fileserver, and the spec has an Areca 1882
} > SAS controller - or would have, if there were NetBSD support for it. I
} > added the PCI IDs, regenerated sys/dev/pci/pcidevs*.h, and the dealer ran
} > the resulting netbsd-6 kernel, producing the attached dmesg.
} >
} > The arcmsr0 shows up, but that's it - no attached disks. How hard would it
} > be to add support, or should I look elsewhere? I haven't been too happy
} > with LSI's support.
}
} The Areca controllers are excellent and the NetBSD driver has always worked
} well for me.  I don't have any of the SAS units (I have many of the SATA
} units).  To my knowledge, Areca have kept the driver interface very, very
} stable and there *shouldn't* be a problem with the 1882.

     I'm using one of the SAS units and it works fine.  The only catch
is that it doesn't work with bio(4).

arcmsr0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0
arcmsr0: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 0, event channel 3
arcmsr0: Areca ARC-1680 Host Adapter RAID controller
arcmsr0: 8 ports, 2048MB SDRAM, firmware <V1.49 2010-12-02>
arcmsr0: unable to query firmware for sensor info

}-- End of excerpt from Thor Lancelot Simon