Re: Casting ctype lookups

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 06:02:54 +0000
David Holland <> wrote:
> standard mistake is to pass values of type char; on platforms where
> the unqualified char type is signed, which is most of them, values

As I recently posted, even if I add -funsigned-char to the compile I
still get the warning.  It seems that gcc ignores its own flag.

Here is an excerpt from my standard Makefile.  I expect all my code to
get through this gauntlet unscathed.

CFLAGS =    -O2 -ansi -pipe -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith \
            -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes \
            -Wformat -Wmissing-prototypes -funsigned-char \
            -I/usr/druid/include -L/usr/druid/lib \
            -Dscanf=DONT_USE_SCANF -Dgets=DONT_USE_GETS \
            $(SYSFLAGS) $(_CFLAGS) -Werror

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <> IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost