Re: Output format improvment for ifconfig(8)

... whilst we're[1] fiddling with this format, why not go the whole hog
and make something really machine-readable with an XML format output?

That would seem to satisfy the need to read the output of ifconfig
programmatically and allow the human readable format to be truly free

[1] I say 'we' although obviously I've not made any contribution to date
apart from suggest more work ... :)

Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally                                                left