Re: QUick question about USB interfaces

On 10/31/2012 12:38 PM, Paul Goyette wrote:
Hmm. My APC UPS uses pkgsrc/apcupsd and it works just find when I specify "/dev/usb0" - no port needed.

I would expect yours to work with /dev/usb0.04 if the port is needed.

Do you have the appropriate entries in /dev ?

My APC use used that too. These are different. That's why 'nut' is nice, it supports a BUNCH of UPS systems that aren't APC compatible.

Using ugen0.04 was my first thought, but that didn't help. I tried all of the ugen0.xx ports, just to see what would happen.

I tried usb0, but I don't think the ugen0 device gets tied into the usb0 device; besides, usb0 is my KVM switch. I tried all of the other usbx options, and they call fail with "not configured" error.

I double checked all of the devices in /dev - they all seem to be there.

Dave