Re: IMAGEMB settings

> > } On my build system I have a tarball of packages built for the target
> > } and config scripts that I've been dropping into release/i386/ prior
> > } to building the iso-image. The current tarball is 210MB and the
> > } resulting install-image is too small to include the sets and my
> > } tarball. This has been my process since back in 2.0 days.
> >
> > You can use the somewhat new -C option to have stuff automatically
> > added to the iso-image:
> >

> Indeed, a good tip.  I've modified my build script to use that option.
> It does well for the iso-image.

Note distrib/common/Makefile.bootcd (that is used for iso-image)
doesn't handle specfile for makefs(8) at all, so all files will
have builder's local UID and all setuid/setgid bits are dropped
if build.sh is invoked with MKUNPRIVED=yes (or -U option):
---
# ftp
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.0/i386/installation/cdrom/boot.iso
 :
# vnconfig vnd0 boot.iso
# mount_cd9660 /dev/vnd0a /mnt
# ls -l /mnt/netbsd
-rw-r--r--  1 611  wheel  5897127 Oct 13 22:53 /mnt/netbsd
# ls -l /mnt/sbin/ping
-r-xr-xr-x  1 611  wheel  31386 Oct 13 22:35 /mnt/sbin/ping
# ls -l /sbin/ping
-r-sr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  31386 Oct 13 22:35 /sbin/ping
#
---

For install CDs this won't matter because root is the only expected
user on installation ops (though it also breaks MKREPRO builds),
but it could be problematic on liveimage.

That's the reason why current liveimage target doesn't have
exported such "EXTRA FILES" options yet.

---
Izumi Tsutsui