Re: utimensat

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> The comments in namei_getstartdir() suggests that this is really a
> problem with NDAT logic and not a side effect.

Indeed the crash can only be raised when NDAT is used:

#define NDAT(ndp, dir) {                        \
        (ndp)->ni_startdir = (dir);             \
}

In namei_getstartdir():
        if (ndp->ni_pnbuf[0] != '/') {
                if (ndp->ni_startdir != NULL) {
                        startdir = ndp->ni_startdir;
(...)
        vref(startdir);    <--- fails ((vp->v_iflag & VI_MARKER) == 0)

But I still do not know what is a marker vnode.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz