Re: Multicast and UDP checksums

  ntpd on machine B never sees the multicast packets, because they get
  dropped due to 'bad checksum' in the udp4_realinput() path.

We have seen multicast checksum issues, but haven't reported it because
it seemed likely we introduced it due to our changes (in a tree based on
netbsd-6 with extensive changes).

A crazy theory without any justification, but it's the first thing I'd
go looking at: udp on loopback disables checksumming, but there's an
edge case where received multicast appears to be on lo0 when it isn't.