Re: HEADS UP: Postfix 2.8.12 imported

== Matthias Scheler wrote on Fri 10.Aug'12 at 15:37:40 +0100 ==

> [Re-sending with correct subject, sorry.]
>
>       Hello,
>
> I've imported Postfix 2.8.12 into NetBSD-current today. It builds and works
> fine under NetBSD/i386. Please submit a bug report if you find any problems.
>
> Here is a list of the changes since version 2.8.12:
> - The local(8) delivery agent's BIFF client leaked an unprivileged UDP
>   socket. Fix by Jaroslav Skarvada. This bug was introduced 19990127.
> - The SMTP server did not reject the AUTH command while a MAIL FROM
>   transaction was in progress. Reported by Timo Sirainen.
>   This bug was introduced 20000314.
> - The unused "pass" trigger client could close the wrong file descriptors.
>   This bug was introduced with Postfix 2.8.
>

>       Kind regards
>
> --
> Matthias Scheler                                  http://zhadum.org.uk/

I am using 5_STABLE - would I be able to pull in this postfix upfdate
and compile it into my base system?

I have looked on google and seen 1 or 2 posts where someone asked a
similar question and they were told to use the pkgsrc version; i'd
prefer not to do that really.

Thank in advance

Jamie