Re: NetBSD-6.0_BETA2-i386.iso doesn't work

2012/6/14 Izumi Tsutsui <>:
> christos@ wrote:
>> In article <>,
>> Phil Nelson  <> wrote:
>> >
>> >I got it for both i386 and amd64 on a Dell Optiplex 990 today.
>> This *must* be fixed before the release. I have seen this too on
>> an Optiplex.
> BTW, NetBSD-6.0_BETA2-i386-install.img.gz on USB stick just works around
> on my Optiplex.

I had the same issue on amd64 ona Asus U36JC laptop. I used the iso
burned on a CD and also an iso copied ona USB flash drive by
unetbootin and a script which I found on wiki. It didn't help. But
using the NetBSD-6.0_BETA2-i386-install.img did the trick.

Unfortunately due to lack of Nvidia Optimus support (or even
possibility to disable nvidia card through ACPI Call like I do on
Linux) I don't use NetBSD on my laptop.

Bartek Krawczyk