Re: ttyname(3) no longer returns /dev prefix?

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 00:32:09 -0500
Dave Huang <khym%azeotrope.org@localhost> wrote:

> It seems that ttyname(3) no longer returns the full path to the tty device
> file in /dev; it returns only the device name. E.g., it returns "ttyE0"
> instead of "/dev/ttyE0". Is this intentional? It causes problems for callers
> that expect it to return the full path.. E.g., login(1) can no longer chown
> the terminal to the user who logged in.

I wonder if this could be related to recent changes in the device
database (/var/run/dev.db), you could try deleting it to try, then
regenerating it as necessary using dev_mkdb(8).  I also recommend
filing a PR, especially if it affects login(1)...

I couldn't test it with my -current system yet, but netbsd-6 indeed
includes the /dev/ prefix.

Thanks,
--
Matt