cdrecord DMA speed too slow error on 6.0 BETA2

When trying to burn a DVD with cdrecord I get the following error:

cdrecord: DMA speed too slow (OK for 1x). Cannot write at speed 16x.
cdrecord: Max DMA data speed is 1.
cdrecord: Try to use 'driveropts=burnfree'.

With the same hardware burning of same iso on same dvd worked on Linux.

I also tried burnfree option, though that resulted in a coaster.

Note: I have not burned a DVD using previous NetBSD versions on this
hardware. So not sure whether this is specific to 6.0 BETA or not.

Mayuresh