Re: Automated report: NetBSD-current/i386 build failure

David Holland wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 05:06:41AM +0000, NetBSD Test Fixture wrote:
>  >     --- dependall-fstab ---
>  >     dependall ===> share/examples/fstab
>  >     nbmake: getcwd: Bad file descriptor.
>  >     *** [dependall-fstab] Error code 2
>
> eek!
>
> What filesystem type is that on

This is tmpfs.  The builds were previously done on an ffs, but
I switched them to a tmpfs on May 1 to improve performance.

> and what kernel version is it?

  babylon5.NetBSD.org$ uname -a
  NetBSD babylon5.NetBSD.org 5.1_STABLE NetBSD 5.1_STABLE (GENERIC) #4: Mon Apr
25 09:34:00 UTC 2011
root%franklin.NetBSD.org@localhost:/home/netbsd/5/amd64/kern-compile/GENERIC
amd64

My own automated build machine has been doing builds on a tmpfs for
several months without problems; it's running:

  guido ~ $ uname -a
  NetBSD guido.araneus.fi 5.1 NetBSD 5.1 (GENERIC) #0: Sat Nov  6 13:19:33 UTC
2010
builds%b6.netbsd.org@localhost:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/amd64/201011061943Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
 amd64

In any case, the failure does look like an infrastructure problem and
not a problem with the specific commits that were listed in the
automated notification.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost