Re: firefox + flash + kernel lock

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 03:28:11PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
> The linux flash plugin in firefox does a stop & go game.
> It freezes, plays, freezes, plays, etc.

I tried that too, and I do see a few small hiccups when I first start
playing a video after a reboot, but then it's fine after that.
my guess is that the flash hiccups I saw were when it was reading something
from disk initially, but quickly everything was cached and then
there the hiccups went away.

if you ktrace the npviewer.bin process, do you see pauses in the stream
of syscalls that correspond to the playback hiccups?

-Chuck