Re: PR 45833 (mplayer related crash): Workarounds / alternatives?

On Sat, 5 May 2012 09:23:15 +0530
Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> Aforesaid problem virtually closes down mplayer as an option for playing
> media on NetBSD 6.0 BETA.

It seems to work fine for me... which output device do you use?  You
could try -vo oss, -vo sun, possibly others if you built it with
support for some sound multiplexing daemons.

> If there is any workaround so that one can still use mplayer, while this
> PR gets fixed, please do suggest.
>
> I am trying to build vlc as an alternative, though it has heavy
> dependencies. I do not find an option by which I can build only cvlc (CLI
> tool) and possibly avoid dependencies like qt4. (Not sure whether that's
> possible either.)

With

PKG_OPTIONS.vlc+=-x11 sdl faad

It's not too bloated...