Re: siisata driver panic

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:24:56 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 08:23:38PM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
> > I have an amd64 box that will boot an INSTALL kernel when the
> > siisata drivers are removed but panics when they are not.  The boot
> > log is attached.  I would greatly appreciate help with debugging
> > this problem.
>
> Is there a SATA port multiplier involved ?

Yes there is.  At this point, however, there are no drives attached.  I
am beginning to wonder if the problem has to do with the driver
thinking there are drives because the multiplexer is there, expecting
timeouts gracefully.

For more information, I have posted some files at

        ftp://biology.nmsu.edu/incoming/NetBSD/

The files include kernel configs, boot logs with backtraces, and a patch
to the source tree just to get build.sh to make all the kernels.  The
README file also has a brief description of the hardware.  I hope this
helps.

Cheers,
Brook