gpg can't get random/entropy

I'm trying to create a new gpg key, but not having any luck. It gets all the way to here:

<snip>
We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
..+++++
...+++++
We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
+++++

Not enough random bytes available.  Please do some other work to give
the OS a chance to collect more entropy! (Need 123 more bytes)
^C
</snip>

I've been moving the mouse for several minutes, and there is plenty of disk activity happening as well, but it seems that gpg just doesn't ever get any more "random bytes" after this point.

This is with gnupg-1.4.11nb2 and libgpg-error-1.10nb1 running on an amd64-current 6.99.2 (from a couple weeks ago).

I really would like to generate a new key for use in my duties as Voting Administrator. :)

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |