Re: release directories and naming for install images, live images,and isos

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 12:30:00PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
 > > We should also get PR 45155 fixed in this timeframe, I think. Can
 > > anyone point me at what needs to be done?
 >
 > Who want bootable installatoin images without set files, for what?

For installing?

Again, if someone goes to ftp.netbsd.org they ought to be able to get
installer images for USB sticks as well as for CDs and for floppies.

If you have a fast network connection there is no reason to copy any
more than necessary to the boot media. It is how I have always done
it. It is also all you get if you install one of the nightly builds
too, last I remember.

Maybe the right thing to do is reorganize the way releases are posted
on nbftp. Right now (I'm looking at 6.0_BETA) the full CD images are
hidden away in another directory, so unless you know where to look or
happen to notice the "iso" directory mixed with the ports in
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.0_BETA, and realize it's not the name of a port,
the only installer images you find are the small ones. And sure
enough, there's floppy and cdrom images but no usb images.

(I don't see any full usb-stick images either, fwiw. They're not in
the "iso" directory.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost