Re: Test failures

On 03/06/2012 08:37 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 09:34:37PM +0200, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
>>> (2) rump is still broken (see "rump/rumpkern/t_vm/uvmwait").
>>
>> Yes, ever since the kmem commits of Janary 27.  Lars, when are you
>> going to fix this?
>
> It is not clear what the bug is in here, i.e. the kmem changes might just
> have exposed something previously lurking hidden in there.
>
> The kernel panics, however, are something serious (my personal guess:
> something is corrupting memory, which is quite hard to track down).
>
> Martin

I'm currently more concerned about the kernel crashes they started
sometime in November if I read Andreas reports right kern/45677 and
kern/46096
In case of 46096 I poked through the crashdump and there seems to be
pool corruption pr_itemoffset is clearly wrong. I haven't yet found a
code path that could have caused that. The crashes reported in 45677
seem very similar in that case. I tend to agree with Martin on that issue.
I'll try to free some time to fix the uvmwait issue but keep in mind the
test tests rump code not the kernel code...

Lars