Re: raidframe with R5/RS not reconstructing?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:27:31 -0800
buhrow%lothlorien.nfbcal.org@localhost (Brian Buhrow) wrote:

>       One of the implications of Greg's analysis is that this bug
> doesn't exist in any raidframe code which predates Jed's map
> changes.  So, John, I think this means you could boot a 5.0 kernel,
> rebuild your raid set , then boot a 5.1 kernel and run with a fully
> capable raid set until Greg comes up with the proper fix.

No...  Jed's stuff is totally separate from this...  You'd need to run
something that pre-dates netbsd-5, so unfortunately, your suggestion
will not work... (May 19, 2008 is when the changes that included
this bug went in...)

Later...

Greg Oster