Re: raidframe with R5/RS not reconstructing?

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 06:50:52 -0600 (CST)
"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> wrote:

> An experimental oversight caused one unit of my raid to get marked
> as failed, even though nothing's wrong with the hardware.  It's now
> running in degraded mode and all the data appear to be intact.
>
> No problem, I thought.  'raidctl -R /dev/wd8a raid0' should put it
> back to its old self.
>
> But it doesn't.  It immediately reports 12% completion and sits there
> (almost 9 hours now) with no apparent progress and no ETA computed
> (00:00).

What does 'dmesg' (and/or /var/log/messages) say about raid0 and/or
wd8a ?

> I suppose this is the acid test for the little-used RAID 5 w/Rotated
> Sparing option.  The last time I needed it (in NetBSD-4 days on
> sparc), it worked just fine.

I don't think anyone has gone through the RAID5_RS bits looking for
integer overflows... but a quick look didn't reveal anything in that
regard...

Later...

Greg Oster