route: writing to routing socket: File exists

Hi

with latest i386-current (not sure how long that has been happening) I see

  route: writing to routing socket: File exists

message during boot. It originates from /etc/rc.d/network, at line 127

  /sbin/route -q add -inet6 ::0.0.0.0 -prefixlen 96 ::1 -reject

(which hasn't changed for a while)

I have no actual network settings except for hostname in my rc.conf file,
as generally use pppd(8) which gets started later.. is this normal?

(I should say no, error messages are not normal :)

iain