Missing boot menu on i386 installation CD

Hi,

I do:
./build.sh -O /usr/obj/ -R /usr/releasedir/ release
./build.sh -u -O /usr/obj/ -R /usr/releasedir/ iso-image

When I boot from CD there is no boot menu from boot.cfg, but instead
the default one with fallback to cd0a:netbsd*.
Is it a known issue? I noticed that boot.cfg is opened and read, but
either it considered as empty or read damaged. Before more debugging I
decided to check here.
Though booting works fine, so it reads from iso9660 normally...

--
Evgeniy