Re: dhcpcd dumping core

Hi

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:20:50 +0000, bch%methodlogic.net@localhost wrote:
Last couple days, latest sources (kernel and userland up-to-date),
dhcpcd has been dumping core.

Transcription:

# dhcpcd wm0
dhcpcd [1014]: version 5.5.0 starting
dhcpcd [1014]: ipv6rs: Address family not supported by protocol family
Jan 26 19:17:34 kamloops dhcpcd[1014]: ipv6rs: Address family not
supported by protocol family
[1]  Segmnetation fault (core dumped) dhcpcd wm0

I can't find a core file (though ulimit indicates coredump filesize is
unlimited) and haven't been able to run under gdb to produce a stack
trace directly.

I take it you have disabled IPv6 support in the kernel to get the address family not supported error? Anyway, the attached patch should stop dhcpcd from dumping core in the event of IPv6 failing to start.

Please test and let me know if it works or not.

Thanks

Roy