X server freeze/crash problem

Hi,

using NetBSD current kernel and current userland, I can get X11 freeze in a strange way. I don't know if this happened with 5.1 release, because the intel card did not work, that is why I switched to current.

I open an image display application (LaternaMagica of GNUstep) and load fairly large images to display.

The whole X server will feeze, display total garbage made of rainbowed stripes except for the mouse cursor which displays fine, but frozen. The kernel is not frozen, I can power down the laptop by its power button.

I cannot  however type anything and switch consoles.

There may be a bug in the application (which however, works on other computers, even less-powered ones) but it should not be able to knock out my X server.

Riccardo