Re: SCSI HBA recommendation

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 08:50:28PM +0100, J. Hannken-Illjes wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2011, at 8:39 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >
> > There are pci-e cards with parallel SCSI connectors on them?
>
> At least LSI sells the LSI22320SE which seems to fit our needs IF it works
> on NetBSD 5.1 / amd64.

I just had a look at a Dell OEM one -- my neighbor has it running a rack
full of ancient audio gear (!) -- it's an Atto.  I did not want to peel
the Atto sticker off the IC while his system was running to see who makes
the IC.  It appears there is also an Adaptec -- I'd steer away from that
one unless you want to do driver spelunking.  I wonder whose chip is on
the Atto/Dell/whoever else?

Thor