Re: veriexec load panics the system

On 11/18/11 05:24, Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 04:47:35AM +0000, Hugo Silva wrote:
>>
>> NetBSD 5.99.56 amd64, reporting a panic;

>> Reader / writer lock error: rw_vector_enter: locking against myself
>>

> That is ugly...
>

>> Happens reliably. This is a Xen domU, not sure if it could be related..
>>

> Possibly not but could you try a non-Xen kernel just to see?  Probably
> more likely something has changed in the locking that has caused this.

Not at the moment, the only "real" NetBSDs are Xen dom0 themselves,
which I can't stop right now.

Unfortunately I have no more info/pointers to provide, I did want to
give veriexec under xen a try many months ago, I think it wasn't
compiling back then.. memory details are sketchy.. so no guesstimate as
to when this has stopped working.

Veriexec is not critical for what I'm doing with this VM, but I did want
to give it a try!

If anyone has suggestions, I'm listening :)

Regards,

Hugo