Re: Building -current under OS X 10.5

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 02:58:18PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> ...and, the "set ABI=32 in the environment" trick has stopped working, as
> well.  Same error, same place.  Color me dumb, but I cannot figure out
> how to get a build on an OS X 10.6 host any more -- or see what changed
> to make the workarounds no longer work-around.

I figured it out.  It appears the MPFR configure script is even more evil
than I thought: if HOST_CC is not set, it DTWT on this platform somehow
even if the compiler it gets as "cc" or "gcc" is, in fact, gcc 4.2.

I'm not going to spend more time investigating why -- just do know that
you will probably need to explicitly set HOST_CC and HOST_CXX to
"gcc-4.2" and "g++-4.2" respectively even if you have switched the
/usr/bin symlinks.

Thor