Re: cross build failure

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:06:44AM +0100, Iain Hibbert wrote:

> > *** Failed target:  libarchive.so.3.1 *** Failed command:
> > /usr/src/obj.amd64/tooldir.NetBSD-5.99.48-i386/bin/x86_64--netbsd-gcc
> > -Wl,-x -shared -Wl,-soname,libarchive.so.3 -Wl,--warn-shared-textrel
> > --sysroot=/home/install.amd64 -o libarchive.so.3.1
> > -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/install.amd64/lib -L=/lib -Wl,--whole-archive
> > libarchive_pic.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -L/usr/src/lib/libbz2/obj.amd64
> > -lbz2 -L/usr/src/external/public-domain/xz/lib/obj.amd64 -llzma
> > -L/usr/src/lib/libz/obj.amd64 -lz
>
> ktracing this command might show some useful information?

Yes, it did in a negative sort of way, it showed that everything
executed was from the right tool dir and the files accessed were in the
install tree.

> > file tells me that /home/install.amd64/lib/liblzma.so is a x86_64 shared
> > library.  I guess something is using a host tool instead of a cross tool
> > but I couldn't see anything obvious when I looked.
>
> could also be taint in the srcdir?

I think it may have been some cruft in the obj dir that skewed things on
install and the second time the link was using the bad library.  What I
ended up doing was removing everything in /usr/obj again AND removed
everything in the install directory too.  This moved me over that
particular hurdle.

> > ./build.sh -m amd64 -D /home/install.amd64 -R /home/release.amd64 -N 1
> > release iso-image
>
> do any tools need to be rebuilt?

It looks like release does that, certainly all the tools directories
were blown away along with the rest of /usr/obj.

> (I cross built some stuff ok at the weekend, sources current as of 16th)

Thanks for the help, it is good to know where the problem lay (i.e. my
own machine rather than a systemic problem :)

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: